Has anyone seen an app that allows for a gesture to wake the screen? I don't want to bypass the lock screen, just stop having to use the power button so much. I see the RIM Playbook can do this using a edge-edge gesture.

I tried an app called "Wake All" that supposedly allowed for any physical buttons to wake the screen, but that didn't work for the volume rocker (the only other physical button on my HTC Incredible S).
    04-14-2011 09:35 PM
    Not to my knowledge. I would think, in my most humble opinion, that to have this feature, would allow the ph to accidently turn on the display way too many times, resulting in battery loss. Girls usually have overstuffed bags, guys put them in their pockets. Although the objects that could do this would be limited, it can happen.

Anybody who forgot to set the keypad lock on the older phones, can probably remember inadvertant phone calls while the phone was in their pocket (too many times to remember, with embarrassing results sometimes)
    jrwestenberg likes this.
    04-16-2011 03:36 AM
    An edge-edge gesture would be pretty difficult to accidentally trigger. And if that's a concern, just make it a dual gesture - i.e. edge to edge and back again.

Given the trend away from physical buttons, I'm surprised this hasn't become a more frequent request.
    04-16-2011 07:38 AM
    Clearly, you've never lived the life of a phone in a woman's handbag :-)

But you have a point. For those who just wish to check the time without unlocking the screen or pushing the button. Although I still wear a watch, the trend is more and more towards people not wearing them anymore.

Have you posted at xda-developers.com ? Seems like more part time developers hang out there.
    04-16-2011 09:19 AM
    Clearly, you've never lived the life of a phone in a woman's handbag :-)
    Clearly you've never heard of toggles. People who want it, can enable it My concern is that the power button is going to wear out prematurely. I can't leave the screen on all day because of (a) battery life and (b) Exchange security policy.

Have you posted at xda-developers.com ? Seems like more part time developers hang out there.
    Yep, not much of a response there either.
    04-16-2011 02:35 PM
    Sorry to hear of no response,

Toggles, being a military man we never heard about them :-)

I think, it can be done, however. If an aspiring person can do it. Although, I have never had a phone, whose power button has worn out prematurely.

Maybe it's a physical lmitation.....
    04-16-2011 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD