So I have recently run into an issue with my Google Pixel that I didn't have with my Galaxy S4.

I have a lot of music that I want to keep on my phone and not in the cloud. And any items purchased through the Play store, or Amazon are loading fine.

But for others, particularly ones I have imported manually, all of the songs are listed in alphabetical order, and not in the "Album accurate" order.
    I have tried re-naming the files to have numbers in front of them, but the file name is not the "song name" that is displayed in the album when I look at it through Play Music.

I had some albums that showed the album art, but then the art disappeared, and now everything is in the wrong order.

For some albums, this isn't a major issue, but I am a bit of a theater nerd, and Broadway shows are in very specific order.

Does anyone have a fix?
    03-10-2017 01:53 PM
    Moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Use an ID3 tag editor to see if those problem files have proper tags. MediaMonkey is a good program to use on your PC.
    03-11-2017 11:36 PM
    Bump?
    03-16-2017 04:16 PM
    Is using an ID3 tag editor not an option for you?
    03-17-2017 01:28 AM
    Given that I don't know what that is, I am going to say no...

But I am open to it.

Ideally, I would rather not have to do some sort of individual editing, and have it all just display correctly like it used to...but if it is a moot point, I am interested in whatever might help.
    03-17-2017 11:27 AM
    ID3 tags are the embedded information in a music file that contain the song name, artist, album, album art, etc. If a music file doesn't have an ID3 tag, then the music app will default to sorting it using the filename.

Try MediaMonkey on your computer. The free version does everything you need for ID3 tag editing. MediaMonkey » Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter
    03-17-2017 11:58 AM