actually i kinda read up on what ESN is. But im checking ebay and stuff of people selling phones, but says "bad ESN" cannot activate. So how does an electronic serial number go bad?

i thought a phone can be activated as many time as possible?
    04-17-2011 07:27 PM
    an ESN doesn't go bad. I think that means it is connected to a contract or has been reported as stolen etc. Being bad means you can not go to the provider and activate it for use. If I am wrong here, please correct me kindly, I just answered as I believe it to be.
    04-17-2011 07:56 PM
    so if reading between the lines is that they are selling stolen phones?

I dunno they says its bad and that it cannot be activated on verizons network.
    04-17-2011 08:04 PM
    so if reading between the lines is that they are selling stolen phones?

I dunno they says its bad and that it cannot be activated on verizons network.
    stolen isnt always the case...lets say you are under contract with a phone you bought and you dont pay your bill for a long time. they lock up the Electronic serial number of the phone and you can not use it until the bill is paid.
    04-17-2011 08:19 PM
    stolen isnt always the case...lets say you are under contract with a phone you bought and you dont pay your bill for a long time. they lock up the Electronic serial number of the phone and you can not use it until the bill is paid.
    ahhh ok, i get it now.

Guess those people arent paying their phone bills. Cause i see a good number of them on ebay saying bad esn.
    04-17-2011 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD