I am looking for a basic thermometer app... not a weather or forecasting app. Just something that uses my LGV10 internal thermometer sensor, and displays its output.

The simpler the better here... Ideally it should work even on airplane mode, with no cell connectivity or without GPS location available.

Does this app exist?... thanks in advance.
    03-13-2017 09:13 AM
    If I'm not mistaken any internal sensor would be to gauge the phones temperature. The thermometer apps that I am aware use location and external data to give you local outdoor temperature.
    03-13-2017 09:37 AM
    I just want a very basic temperature reading app... so yeah, if you take the gsam temperature output, ONLY display that piece of information... thats all I am looking for.

As a boy scout volunteer there are 2-3 weekends a month where I am completely off grid, no where near cellular connectivity, and GPS coverage can be spotty too.

Does this app exist?
    03-13-2017 05:55 PM
    I just want a very basic temperature reading app... so yeah, if you take the gsam temperature output, ONLY display that piece of information... thats all I am looking for.

As a boy scout volunteer there are 2-3 weekends a month where I am completely off grid, no where near cellular connectivity, and GPS coverage can be spotty too.

Does this app exist?
    In that kind of no-online-connectivity setting you're probably going to be much better off using an actual thermometer, be it a classic mercury in a glass tube type or a discrete digital device. Keep in mind the thermal sensor in your phone will be a tiny component either soldered or glued to the motherboard -- its primary function is to monitor the temps of things like the CPU and GPU. Also tolerances inside any smartphone are really tight, there's very little open space inside. Heat transfer is primarily through conduction, not air flow so while there are several apps in the App Store claiming to be 'thermometers' it's important to note that they work by interpreting the results of the phone's thermal sensor while factoring in a guestimate of the actual surrounding air temperature.
    03-13-2017 07:05 PM
    Yeah, a more traditional device is most likely going to be best... although even they can have accuracy problems. I was just "hoping" someone would have used an app like this. I guess I'll just have to just try and find one.

thanks!!
    03-13-2017 09:26 PM
    The phone's temp monitor is meant for the device. I've read that some Samsung Galaxy phones actually do have an ambient air temp sensor, but I don't own one and suggest you do your own research on those. Other than going that route if it exists, I wouldn't bother trying to trust apps that read the internal temps and then guess at the ambient temps.
    03-15-2017 05:43 AM