Cannot update apps or install new apps from market

zdroid

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I went to update my angry bird seasons today and every time it downloads and then says !Installation error Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card. I tried moving it to phone and updating and nothing and then tried to unistall and install again but the same result. I also had same thing happen when updating dropbox but it updated after i moved it to the phone. Anyone have any ideas?

Just tried to download and install from amazon app store and that wont install either??

Well I was able to get it to install by unmounting sd card and installing onto phone then moving to sd.

Last edited:

mjdaggie

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem too a few months ago. It happened for every app that was on my SD card or that installed directly to the SD card.

I formatted my SD and that solved the problem.

Reactions: zdroid

Annamatopia

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue here.

I have a completely stock HTC Thunderbolt.

I can access my music saved on the SD card.

But I cannot even connect it to my laptop via USB disk drive. It shows a CD drive? I cannot install/update apps at all or access my Apps to SD.

For a while when I'd reboot the phone, it'd fix the issue. Then it became every other reboot would be successful..Then less and less to no longer.

I've tried formatting the SD card, and reinstalling using USB connection...I can't even unmount the SD card from the settings menu. It gives me and error and force closes. I can't seem to find anything else in the forums about what to do...HELP?!

Don't fail me now, Android folks!

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue here.

I have a completely stock HTC Thunderbolt.

I can access my music saved on the SD card.

But I cannot even connect it to my laptop via USB disk drive. It shows a CD drive? I cannot install/update apps at all or access my Apps to SD.

For a while when I'd reboot the phone, it'd fix the issue. Then it became every other reboot would be successful..Then less and less to no longer.

I've tried formatting the SD card, and reinstalling using USB connection...I can't even unmount the SD card from the settings menu. It gives me and error and force closes. I can't seem to find anything else in the forums about what to do...HELP?!

Don't fail me now, Android folks!
did you try going into the phone while plugged into the computer and changing the settings to "mount as disk drive"?

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The best fix is to unmount the card, then install the game, then remount the card.
This has been an issue with Froyo 2.2 for a long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae