Best battery boosters?

AlexAndAHalf

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've got a Samsung Captivate, and the battery life seems to have been slowly decreasing over time. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of methods that I may use to increase my battery life through either applications or simply certain things that I should clean out on my device. Help is much appreciated! Thanks!

dante501

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Try turning GPS and Bluetooth off. Also don't use live wallpapers. Also don't use to many Widgets might also install a different rom and use the build in task manager. I am running Android gingerbread on my HTC HD2 and no worries about task killers and stuff. Great battery life.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
A few things you can do;

Forget about battery booster apps. (they'll be running all the time also)

Disable your "auto-sync" and "auto-updates", or set them to run at longer intervals. Or even "manual". This includes widgets (weather widget, news widgets, etc)

If you have apps you no longer use, uninstall them. Some of them don't like to give up without a fight.

Screen brightness, you can set manually, especially indoors where you don't need it as bright.

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications will tell you which apps are currently running. You might be surprised. I have a file manager that seems to always be running, although I don't use it often.

As for more drastic measures, you can flash a custom ROM. Some of the better custom ROMs will improve battry life.

Folkert

Apr 19, 2011
www.analytix.mobi
I'm using Android on my HTC HD2 for almost a year and had some serious battery drain issues. I've tried a lot of 'battery savers' which was good to learn some valuable lessons.

1. Know what apps are running
  2. Be aware of running services and when those services are syncing
  3. Install currentwidget and take a look at the generated log files
  4. Don't use battery savers

It took me some time but the result was a usage of 3 mA in standby.
Using battery savers will only kill losts of services which will start automatically after a few seconds. Those start ups will drain your battery even faster.
Tuning your juice is a matter of patience. I think Froyo+ handles task management pretty good. Let the system do the killing.

The only 'battery saver' I use is timeriffic which disables data traffic during the night.