The problem is my 32gb microSD card will not be recognized by anything and cannot format. By anything I mean cameras, portable DVD players, computers, audio recorders. Everything. The card was working fine and I use it with an adapter to watch videos and listen to music on a portable dvd player. I leave it plugged in the usb slot when the player is not in use. I turned it on a few days ago and the player could not read the card. I then plugged the microsd card into a computer and it registered that something is plugged into the specific usb slot but that nothing is there! It wont be read by my phone or any tablet.

When I plug it into the computer the computer will become sluggish when I try to open properties on the card and when it does open is says 0 for space used and space available. When I try to format the card, the computer says that the card only has 121 mbs of space on it in the format box and then the format is unable to complete. No program will read the card and when I try to update the drivers with the card plugged in the computer will not even open the drivers management section in computer! What can I do? Is my card gone forever? There is nothing physically wrong with it. It looks the same as when I bought it 6 months ago. Now it just wont read. What can I do?
    03-23-2017 07:55 AM
    Welcome.

I don't know much about cards but I believe that they are not entirely reliable. Is yours a good reputable brand?
    03-23-2017 09:04 AM
    Sounds like your microSD card has failed. If it's not mounting up in your phone or your computer and it cannot be reformatted in either, there is the issue where you might not even want to rely on it as a stable storage media anymore.

Being only six months old hopefully you'll be able to just replace it under a warranty. If it's a generic, discount card, I'd recommend you don't even bother and just spend a few bucks more to get a name-brand microSD card. Those cheap cards aren't worth the trouble and the loss of data when they fail.
    The Best microSD Card | The Wirecutter
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    03-23-2017 11:11 AM
    I was using a computer that I was not familiar with and I used an SD to USB card converter to plug in my SD card to the computer to view some photos I had taken with my camera. When I plugged the SD Card into the folder I opened the card to the specific folder that had all of my photos. When the computer was loading the card, it lost connection and reconnected with my card all of the sudden. It did it so many times that my card just seemed to flicked for a few seconds until it stopped. When I checked it again on a different computer, (I didnt trust the previous one), 95% of my photos and videos from that specified folder were gone!! I dont know if they are deleted or corrupted or what! I have tried using the program Recuva and it doesnt turn up anything. I have checked the recycle bin on the previous computer and there is nothing there. Where did all my photos go? Is there a program I can use to get them back? A program that would restore them exactly the way they were in the folder that they were and everything?
    03-27-2017 01:48 PM
    Using the second computer, if Recuva cannot find the files, they are pretty much gone.

Sounds like either the SD card is going bad, or the card reader is having problems (bad USB cable is a very common problem).
    03-27-2017 02:55 PM
    You could try running chkdsk to see if it finds any bad sectors. Fixing them might make some of the files readable again, although some of them will likely still be lost. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    03-27-2017 03:04 PM
    Merged duplicate threads.
    03-27-2017 03:05 PM