Unwanted apps installing automatically

WeirdGoldfish

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
For about a week now, my lenovo K3 has been downloading these random apps. In about 8 hours it will have downloaded about 15 of these cheap games.
I changed my google password, unchecked /Settings/Security/Unknown Sources and turned auto updates off in google play.
It's really annoying to have to uninstall apps every 10 mins, so if anyone has a fix, please let me know!

-R

Aaron Gunda

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I have had this experience before.... This exact thing happened on my friends Lenovo tab.. Trust me Lenovo isn't the best at security... This problem mostly happens if you root your device.. If that's the case then you're device is on its road to hell...u may try factory restoring your tab... That didn't work for my friends tab... If it still persists... Then there is permanent damage to your device software... Sorry that's all I can say

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
What were the last five apps YOU installed?
Most likely, one of those "free" apps/games you installed brought with it more than was advertised.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The Android battery monitor and data usage monitors are pretty good way to see whats running in the background. If theres anything running rogue, stop it and restrict background activity.

One by one back-track, and un-install the apps you have installed in the past week. Hopefully the guilty offender can be weeded out.

Un-install, delete and deactivate any un-needed boatware. A lot of those things are a backdoor for malware to get in.

If that doesnt work then its probably malware or a virus, and you need to take more drastic measures.... clean sweep or a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21