Delivery report "unsuccessful"

pete5000

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
So usually when I text people, the delivery report under Show message details shows Requested until it's received on the other persons phone, at which point it changes to Received.

Today I messaged a friend, and the delivery report status is immediately showing as "Unsuccessful" but there is no explanation of what exactly this means. Should I send it again? I don't want them to receive this message twice. I have messaged this person many times before and delivery reports are always accurate.

The reports are still coming up as requested and then received when I text other numbers.

Does anyone know exactly what the "Unsuccessful" status means and whether or not the message could still have been delivered or not.

Extra details: In the android sms database the sms status column has the code 65.

Device: Samsung S7 Edge 7.0 Nougat
Carrier: BT Mobile (UK)
Thank you

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The unsuccessful delivery could be as simple as their phone is turned off or they are getting no cel signals.
The code 65 could be interesting.

pete5000

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
The unsuccessful delivery could be as simple as their phone is turned off or they are getting no cel signals.
The code 65 could be interesting.

If a phone is turned off or doesn't currently have signal it the delivery report will stay as "Requested" until it is received on the recipients phone. From what I could find code 65 is the Failed status, although it shows the status as Sent on the message details.
I just have been unable to find a definitive answer anywhere as to what exactly "Unsuccessful" means in the Delivery report and if this categorically means that the recipient did not receive the message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995