I have a Deal Breaker question for a Android expert. I need to be able to put numerous paragraphs under each contacts file. I just looked at the T Mobile Android and the notes section under a contact will hold only a few lines of notes. is there a work around to expand the notes section? Also I need to add a Company name to go with a contact is this possible?
    10-21-2009 09:17 PM
    I got the answer and yes the Notes under Contacts will hold a lot of info and Company Name goes under organization. Thanks anyway.
    10-22-2009 01:20 AM
    I will correct you. I noticed the same problem. I have the Sprint HTC Hero and it will only show the equivilent of 4 lines of Outlook Contact Notes. The other problem is that if you use HTC Sync and have two way syncing eventually the Android device will delete your Contact Notes in Outlook as it will overwrite Outlook with the limited amount of Contact data that it allows. I have several paragraphs of customer information embedded in every Outlook Contact and Android devices at least with Version 1.5 OS will not handle any more lines of text than that. I hope they fix it in v. 1.6 and 2.0 but I can't get anyone from Google to confirm this. I love the OS except for this one kink. Every other Mobile OS handles these Outlook Contact notes correctly. You didn't really list a workaround in your post. If you found a fix please share it with the rest of us. Thanks.
    10-25-2009 03:30 PM
    I got the answer and yes the Notes under Contacts will hold a lot of info and Company Name goes under organization. Thanks anyway.
    Thanks for the help?
    01-03-2010 11:50 AM
    Haven't tried it yet. .. but, worth a shot.

What if you went thru gmail on your PC and edited contact info there? Instead of using outlook or the phone to edit contact info use Gmail. I'm not an outlook user and I don't understand all of the functionality - however I have extensive notes and I use gmail and sync.
    01-06-2010 12:22 PM
    On a related note, I came from Palm land where the phone knew not to dial extraneous info after the number. So I organized my client contact info like: ABC Company in one slot, and then all the numbers/people there as: 555-555-5555-Bill or 555-555-5555-Deb. The Droid wants to dial Bill and Deb by converting to the numeric values and won't dial them. I'm trying to figure out the best workaround. I really don't want to multiply my contacts by hundreds for all the people in one company with different numbers.

Ideas?
    01-06-2010 03:21 PM
    On a related note, I came from Palm land where the phone knew not to dial extraneous info after the number. So I organized my client contact info like: ABC Company in one slot, and then all the numbers/people there as: 555-555-5555-Bill or 555-555-5555-Deb. The Droid wants to dial Bill and Deb by converting to the numeric values and won't dial them. I'm trying to figure out the best workaround. I really don't want to multiply my contacts by hundreds for all the people in one company with different numbers.

Ideas?
    When adding numbers to a contact, you can select the label for that number. At the very bottom is a label called "custom". If you pick this, you can give the numbers special names, like "Bill", or "Deb".

Hope that works for you!
    01-06-2010 05:08 PM
    Thanks, herki, will take a look at that. Hadn't noticed the custom before....
    01-06-2010 05:24 PM
    Nope, not getting it. On the Droid, the last label is Other and it's not customizable...OH! There it IS!!! Thanks dude, Many kudos, just solved my problem....yowza.
    01-06-2010 05:29 PM
    I have a Deal Breaker question for a Android expert. I need to be able to put numerous paragraphs under each contacts file. I just looked at the T Mobile Android and the notes section under a contact will hold only a few lines of notes. is there a work around to expand the notes section? Also I need to add a Company name to go with a contact is this possible?
    I was using a Palm Treo wx and recently bought the LG Ally, droid type phone. I found this application called gSyncit and am trying to get it to sync all my Outlook contact notes from my desktop into my new droid phone. Did you find a way for gSyncit or some other program to take more than 10 lines of text from the contact notes area? Apparently there a limit of 16kb that Gmail will allow to come over in the contact notes area. Is there a way to increase this 16kb ?
    10-20-2010 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD