I'm using a stock LG Optimus G2x on T-Mobile using Android 2.2.2 and I'm pulling my hair out with this problem.

I have several contacts stored as phone numbers followed by pauses and passwords that I used to use to easily access voicemail for my work phone, as well as voicemail for my home phone. The problem is the number dials fine and all pauses are handled fine, but when it comes time to process the DTMF tones for mailbox numbers and passwords, they go so fast, the receiving system misses them.

So far it seems my only option is to add a pause after each digit, which is essentially pretty fail. I'm hoping someone out there has some experience or tip that could help. Thanks!
    04-21-2011 10:59 PM
    Not sure if your phone supports it or not, but some have a "long tone" option in the settings. It's in different places on different ROM's so you may have to hunt around to see if it's there.

Otherwise, if the comma's work, the comma's work. It's not fail if it works!
    04-22-2011 07:46 AM
    Yeah, I had checked for a setting to toggle between long and short tones, but there was nothing like that. It doesn't make or break the device as I seldom have need to use those , but it's just kind of surprises me at some of the stuff that get a pass or is overlooked in testing.

I appreciate the response and would love to hear if there is a way, otherwise, I'll probably justwait to see if 2.3 upgrade will provide that funcionality, or if I have to go with a custom rom.
    04-22-2011 08:45 AM