PC program for fine adjustments to paorama pictures

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
(Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but ...)
Sometimes when I take panorama shots with my Nexus 6P there's areas where the individual frames don't quite line up, like horizons etc. Does anyone know of an easy to use preferably fine program for my PC that will allow me to fix these pics?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than manually editing/aligning yourself on Photoshop-like software (and, or course, I'd use Photoshop if possible) I don't think there's software dedicated for that. Once the panorama is crated, the only way to 'line up' the frames is by manually modifying it, and that will also make your picture size be different on certain frames, which would cause you to 'thin out' your end image.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
There are actually a few options here. Below is a list of software for computers running Windows, I am uncertain if there are MAC OSX or LINUX equivalents.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adobe Photoshop CC ($19.99 per month)
Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Discontinued, no official link)
Autopano (Free?)
GIMP (Free and open source!)
Image Composite Editor (Free!)
PTGui ($87 for personal-use license)
Photosynth (Discontinued, no official link)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the discontinued software goes, you will have to search for them yourself as I cannot provide legitimate links for them. If you are truly serious about panoramic photography like myself, PTGui is the best I've ever used. It is a bit pricey, but very much worth it. You get lifetime updates for free as well. PTGui also includes an excellent (and free) viewer that works very well. You also have a couple of android options.

AutoStitch Panorama Pro (Discontinued, $1.99)
TurnMe Panorama (Free!)

As far as AutoStitch goes, you might still be able to acquire it through the link I provided. I can still view the app because I purchased it while it was available, but I've never tried opening a discontinued app link in an account that did not download or purchase said app. It is worth the price, you can directly shoot a panoramic photo or stitch existing photos. TurnMe Panorama isn't a stitcher, but the best mobile panorama viewer I have had the pleasure of using. There are many other options for android, but these two are my favorites. Just search "Panorama" or "Panoramic" on the play store, and you will get plenty of results. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks I'll look at those, in the meantime I guess I should learn how to take better panoramas... ;)
Might I also recommend keeping your source images for future panoramas. I usually do untill I perfect my shots and stitching. You never know when you'll need them again, and PTGui is excellent for re-dos.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't think you can do that with a Nexus 6P phone..?
This is an example of what I'm talking about though, just a bit off just to the right of the end of the warf:

PANO_20170414_072331.jpg

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Apologies, I should clarify. You can if you take your shots seperatly. It's much more tedious, but I take individual shots first, then I stitch them on my PC. You can try Adobe Photoshop Fix. It's healing brush may help re-allign the planks on the warf.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781