How to check and prove that the phone had been used before purchase

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
We bought a brand new Z Play Droid at Best buy. When I put it to charge it was showing 98% battery which I found to be odd - means that they were shipped with fully charged battery. When I looked at the back , the sticker (protecting back glass) was missing and actually someone attached it to the wood like back cover. On the same day we went back to BB asking for a replacement and were asked to pay restocking fee. We never turned the phone on, but when the rep looked at the phone he said
" how do you know the battery percentage if you never turned it on?
They usually come randomly charged.
Well, this phone shows that it was turned on."
I told him that , the fact that his test shows it was on doesn't imply it was us who used it. So, we walked back with the phone.
Now I see that the USB data connection w PC is unstable - pops on and off all the time when Attached.
So, my question is
Can I through some special App on PC or Phone look up when was the phone powered on or used for the very first time and if not , can I see specific logs in ADB mode?
I want that evidence on me when I go back to the store one of these days.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
They changed the policy on the returns and I didn't know about it. Now, they charge 35$ for restocking fee.
I bought 10 phones in the last 3 years out of which I returned 3 without any problems or charges. Apparently some time last year they change their policy. I already made a mistake-learned a lesson a month ago when bought Moto G5 plus and returned it day later. With Z Play I knew it's a keeper - they had a better deal than vzw and I love the phone already (my wife has 1). Now, having to "prove " stuff to avoid another 35$ fee won't have me buy from them a cellphone again. Even Verizon has for online shopping no restocking fee policy.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, the very first boot should (there may be variances between OEMs) take a long time to start. You can't use the welcome screen as a litmus test as a reset does the same thing. Something I have never timed is the time it takes to boot a device that is new, reset, and just used.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I just used one of the logcat commands in ADB and it showed as "begining of system" yesterday's time - when I started it up after I did my own factory reset (Fastboot erase Userdata, erase cache).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835