Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    We bought a brand new Z Play Droid at Best buy. When I put it to charge it was showing 98% battery which I found to be odd - means that they were shipped with fully charged battery. When I looked at the back , the sticker (protecting back glass) was missing and actually someone attached it to the wood like back cover. On the same day we went back to BB asking for a replacement and were asked to pay restocking fee. We never turned the phone on, but when the rep looked at the phone he said
    " how do you know the battery percentage if you never turned it on?
    They usually come randomly charged.
    Well, this phone shows that it was turned on."
    I told him that , the fact that his test shows it was on doesn't imply it was us who used it. So, we walked back with the phone.
    Now I see that the USB data connection w PC is unstable - pops on and off all the time when Attached.
    So, my question is
    Can I through some special App on PC or Phone look up when was the phone powered on or used for the very first time and if not , can I see specific logs in ADB mode?
    I want that evidence on me when I go back to the store one of these days.
    04-22-2017 05:32 AM
    Welcome to AC forums.
    You don't need evidence. Best Buy has a 14 day return police
    04-22-2017 08:40 AM
    They changed the policy on the returns and I didn't know about it. Now, they charge 35$ for restocking fee.
    I bought 10 phones in the last 3 years out of which I returned 3 without any problems or charges. Apparently some time last year they change their policy. I already made a mistake-learned a lesson a month ago when bought Moto G5 plus and returned it day later. With Z Play I knew it's a keeper - they had a better deal than vzw and I love the phone already (my wife has 1). Now, having to "prove " stuff to avoid another 35$ fee won't have me buy from them a cellphone again. Even Verizon has for online shopping no restocking fee policy.
    04-22-2017 08:50 AM
    Well, the very first boot should (there may be variances between OEMs) take a long time to start. You can't use the welcome screen as a litmus test as a reset does the same thing. Something I have never timed is the time it takes to boot a device that is new, reset, and just used.
    04-22-2017 09:21 AM
    I just used one of the logcat commands in ADB and it showed as "begining of system" yesterday's time - when I started it up after I did my own factory reset (Fastboot erase Userdata, erase cache).
    04-22-2017 09:26 AM
    logcat database : I
    Attached Thumbnails How to check and prove that the phone had been used before purchase-12569.jpg  
    04-22-2017 09:32 AM