Hi All, I have an LG G3 with Android 6.0. When I pull down the top drawer with "data", "wifi", "hotspot" toggle buttons I get a blue rectangle warning or notification covering each icon when I touch it - ie: When I touch the 'Data' icon a blue rectange pops over the bar saying: "Data connection allowed", or when I touch the 'Hotspot' icon I get a large rectangle with a long message on it: "As other devices are connected to WiFi hotspot .... " These pop ups only last a about 5 seconds but they block the ability to see the icons I want to touch next - very difficult to see the 'hotspot' icon when the 'data' notification is totally covering it. Please help. Many thanks. Vincent
    04-24-2017 06:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Did you recently update to 6.0?
    04-24-2017 09:26 AM
    Hi Golfdriver, thanks for your reply. No, I didn't update, my phone came with 6.0 and has not been updated.
    04-24-2017 06:00 PM
    Hi All, I have an LG G3 with Android 6.0. When I pull down the top drawer with "data", "wifi", "hotspot" toggle buttons I get a blue rectangle warning or notification covering each icon when I touch it - ie: When I touch the 'Data' icon a blue rectange pops over the bar saying: "Data connection allowed", or when I touch the 'Hotspot' icon I get a large rectangle with a long message on it: "As other devices are connected to WiFi hotspot .... " These pop ups only last a about 5 seconds but they block the ability to see the icons I want to touch next - very difficult to see the 'hotspot' icon when the 'data' notification is totally covering it. Please help. Many thanks. Vincent
    Those are refered to as "toast", because of the way they pop-up. Its just a message that some settings have to tell you what happens when you toggle or tap them. Devices with lower screen resolution tend to struggle displaying these messages, however, some are too long to display properly to begin with.
    04-24-2017 06:33 PM
    Thanks Mr Mendelli, I wonder if there is a way to switch them off? I would be happy if I could do that. Bit of bad design that they pop up covering other neighboring icons. Hope someone can help ... or maybe it's not possible to tweak these 'toast' messages.
    04-26-2017 04:17 AM
    Thanks Mr Mendelli, I wonder if there is a way to switch them off? I would be happy if I could do that. Bit of bad design that they pop up covering other neighboring icons. Hope someone can help ... or maybe it's not possible to tweak these 'toast' messages.
    No problem, but you can't turn them off, as they are embedded into apps. You can mod an apps apk to remove them, similar to setting a breakpoint on a Windows executable to bypass certain dialogs, but that is a very complex process...
    04-26-2017 02:13 PM