I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 from Boost Mobile and wanted to transfer my old data from my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Q: How do you transfer data (i.e. text messages, photos (stored on the internal memory), apps, call logs (i.e. recent calls), music, videos, memos, and other information?

A: Simply download from the Play Store, Samsung's "Smart Switch" app. On your old phone open the app (and you don't even need a cable). Click on "wireless" option and choose "Send" option. On your new Samsung Galaxy S8 phone, go to your apps under the "Samsung" folder and choose the "Smart Switch" app (it comes preloaded on all new Samsung phones). Same thing, click on "Wireless" option and "Receive" option, and click "Connect". After the two devices connect, you should see options to transfer. Check mark each option that you want to bring over to the new phone and click on send.

(I did have issues with the memory on my old phone and had to deselect some data that could not be sent over. But you can send some information over to the new phone, delete it out from the old phone, and send the rest.)
    GenericMe Fiftysix likes this.
    04-29-2017 02:10 PM
    About How to transfer data from old Galaxy S4 to Galaxy S8, the easiest way is using mobile phone transfer tool. After connecting both of them to computer via USB Cables, we can directly transfer data between them by using it. There are lots of such tools, just choose the one you like most online.
    05-18-2017 03:23 AM
    Samsung also provides a tool called SmartSwitch, that only works when the new phone is a Samsung.

Samsung Smart Switch: Transfer Contacts, Music and More I Samsung US
    05-18-2017 12:00 PM
    Samsung also provides a tool called SmartSwitch, that only works when the new phone is a Samsung.

Samsung Smart Switch: Transfer Contacts, Music and More I Samsung US
    Just tried using it from an s5 to s8. S5 doesn't have enough space to send contents from itself to the s8. I turned off everything except texts from the last 30 days (only approximately 1500 messages) and it's still too much.

Worthless app.
    05-23-2017 09:41 PM
    Of course the simplest way is to connect computer with USB and them cut or copy..
    05-23-2017 09:47 PM