Sound Notifications

Joiry

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching the forums and see a lot of help in uploading and setting notifications, but nothing quite along the lines of what I'm looking for.

One of my frustrations is that all my notifications have the same exact sound. I use my phone regularly with text messages, gmail and skype. But each one of these have identical sounds when a message comes in. When I got into settings, the only options I see is Notifications. I can set this to any sound I want, but is there a way to have a separate notification for each one of my 3 applications?

Oh, I have a Droid X if it matters.

Thanks.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central... Joiry.

Unfortunately, you can only change the (actual ringtone) for notifications... but not for each individually. Sorry.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you want to root, and flash a different ROM, you can set different notifications for sms, mail, etc with some of the custom ROMs.

Although it's a drastic measure just to get different note tones.:cool:

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
When I got into settings, the only options I see is Notifications. I can set this to any sound I want, but is there a way to have a separate notification for each one of my 3 applications?
Check the notification settings in each app. The notification setting you're looking at is the system notification. If you only set the system notification then all notifications will be the same.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i use handcent for texts, and it has the option to set notification sound. now i have one sound for texts and a different one for gmail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax