I had an old, cheap Galaxy Light forever. I could be listening to audio through the earbuds while getting into my car and it would connect to the car's bluetooth. When that happened the audio would blip out for about a second or two, but then it would resume. If someone called while I was in driving, the call would come through and the audio would stop coming from the earbuds. I didn't have anything set specially. It just happened.

Now that I have a Galaxy S8, when I get into the car while listening through the audio jack, the bluetooth connects and no audio will come through the earbuds.

Is there some sort of setting I need to change? Or is this just something I have to get used to?
    05-01-2017 08:28 PM
    Make sure the car is set (on the phone) in the Bluetooth settings to not take the media audio. The phone may also be seeing the plugged-in headset for phone use and making the decision that the Bluetooth connection would be preferred...

Also - I know that in my state it is illegal to operate a wheeled conveyance (car, truck, bicycle, etc) on public streets while listening through a stereo headset.
    05-01-2017 08:40 PM
    But sometimes I want to listen to media audio through bluetooth. Are you saying I have to change settings every time I want to do that? Just terrible.

On my old phone I never had to do that. It knew that if I had something plugged into the audio jack to send the audio signal there and not through bluetooth. If bluetooth was connected but not earbuds, it knew to send audio through bluetooth and not the audio jack.

There's got to be a way this fancy new expensive phone can do the same thing as my old plain cheap phone.
    05-02-2017 10:14 AM
    Now that I think about it.. I sometimes listen to media through the AUX-IN on my car stereo, with output from the headphone jack on my Nexus 6P, while I have my Bluetooth headset connected and able to accept phone calls (pausing the audio from the headphone out jack).

In your Bluetooth settings, do you have an option such as shown in the screenshot, to disable media audio through the Bluetooth connection? This is configurable per connection, where the device supports that audio profile.

How do I listen through the audio jack while the phone is connected to my car by Bluetooth?-screenshot_20170408-180920.jpg
    05-02-2017 05:12 PM
    My LGV10 will detect both and present me with the option one or the other or both simultaneously.
    05-03-2017 09:47 AM