How can I make my Samsung Keyboard app work again?

LumiaWorld

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys. So here it goes. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy smartphone. Since Samsung has been very slow with its updates, I've decided to update my Samsung apps by downloading APKs from APKMirror. Most of the time the updates work fine. My Samsung Internet browser is always up to date and has the latest features.

One time I tried to download an apk of Samsung Keyboard on APKMirror. I remember that I successfully installed it, but as I used my Samsung Keyboard as the default keyboard, a pop-up showed repeatedly: Unfortunately, Samsung Keyboard has stopped. It does not go away unless I change my default keyboard app. It repeatedly pops up and its very annoying. It does not work at all. I tried the "clear data" and "force close" suggestions but they all do NOT work. There is even no option to uninstall updates on the app unlike the other apps. I tried installing the latest updates from APKMirror, but for some strange reason it shows "App not installed."

What can I do? Please help me out. Thank you.

Good thing that I have the Gboard app before this happened. But still, it bugs me that my default keyboard app does not work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Newer versions of stock manufacturer apps won't always work correctly on older phones, so it's not too surprising that this is happening.

What happened to the original Samsung Keyboard that was on your phone? Does it still show up in the App Manager, or did you Disable it?

LumiaWorld

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Newer versions of stock manufacturer apps won't always work correctly on older phones, so it's not too surprising that this is happening.

What happened to the original Samsung Keyboard that was on your phone? Does it still show up in the App Manager, or did you Disable it?

Just a budget J series phone. The app still shows up in the App Manager. I'm using Gboard now since the Samsung Keyboard app is unusable. Whenever I set it as the default keyboard, a pop-up shows up repeatedly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca