Continious shots

Lanshire12

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I have a samsung mega.(4.4.2), and I use Continuous Shot on my camera alot. I was wandering if there is a way to change it from the default 20 shots to like 300 or something. I can root if need be.

Thanks
Randy

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Any important question to be answered is the reason for the limit.

Back in the old days, DSLR cameras had limits on the number of continuous shots due to heat problems in the sensors, which badly effected the image results. The OEMs eventually fixed that problem.

The reason for the phone limits may or may not be the same.

What is your goal where you need 300 shots to achieve it?

Lanshire12

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi, no particular reason. Just wanted to do it. U know that there are apps that can do it, but I would like to stick to the stock camera app.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Another reason for the shot limits on modern DSLR's is the amount of buffer and processing speed. I suspect it's the same with phones. It's possible for the sensor to expose images faster than the app can process the large RAW files into the resulting jpegs. When the buffer fills up, it stops shooting (or may just drastically slow shooting to match processing speed in the case of a DSLR). So it may not be physically possible to shoot 300 images in burst mode. At least, not without a slow down of the actual shooting speed.

Something else to consider is image quality. I noticed on my old G4, images shot in burst mode were noticeably lesser in quality than the single shots. I don't know if this is true across the board, but is a trade-off you need to be mindful of if it applies to you.

You may want to search for introvolometer apps. These are meant more for time laps photos, like once a minute or hour for however long you want. These may help you get more shots, but they aren't really meant to be a burst shot app. You may not get them to shoot as fast as you'd like.