Going from ios to android, but which model to choose ?

splitbus

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I want to try somethimg new and want an android phone

I known nothing of android at all

Have been looking at Google Pixel or a Huawei P10

I'm not into curve screens like on Samsung S8

Can you guys help get the right one ?

Have seen an article saying :
The downside is the Pixel can't match the others in terms of raw features.

What does that mean ?

Like the thought of no extra skin on the Google or is it rubish to say ?

Are skipping a iPhone 6s+ and its to big. Want max 5.1" as the Huawei 😀
Its a great phone, just got enough of Apple

Don't want an answer like, "buy XXXX it's a great phone
Please go a bit deeper 😱

Have a nice Summer

/Lars (dk)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with every model and every feature, but let us know what kind of things you'd like and others may be able to help narrow things down.

The Pixel line is kind of like the Android equivalent of the iPhone. You'll get the quickest updates, but it's rather cookie cutter with few extra features. On the other end of the spectrum, you have something like the LG V20, which is a powerhouse. You'll get a micro-SD slot, removable battery, IR Blaster (for using as a universal remote), higher quality sound, one of the best cameras for manual shooting, more durable body, etc. It's also a large phone, and not one I'd recommend to you since you want a 5.1" screen, even though I love my V20.

I wouldn't get too caught up on the skinning, or themes. Yes, the Pixel may look bland to some people, and others may prefer it. If you don't like it on whatever phone you get, you can get third party launchers and themes to change up much of the interface to suit your desire.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel, and I really like it. Update come directly from Google, and they are within a few days of release. As far as features go....well, it may only mean something if you are coming from another Android device. The Pixel is pretty bare when it comes to features compared to Samsung or LG. But sometimes, that can be a good thing.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you want a similar cohesive experience between the hardware and core OS like you had on iOS - get the Pixel. If you want full OS updates quick and for 2 years after the device was released, with security updates for 3 years, get a Pixel. No other phone manufacturer has yet proven it can reliably release OS and security updates in a timely manner.

Now, this may all change with phones designed around Android O, but until then Pixel/Nexus is the way to go if you want to be sure to stay up to date.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude