Birthdays in Calendar app

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that for a contact whose birthday I have it shows up for the whole day?

For example: if John's birthday is March 8th, it shows a calendar activity starting at 7pm on March 7th and it goes all the way through 6:59pm on March 8th. I can't enter in any other calendar entries during that time, and I have to manually change the birthday hours to something like March 8th 6:59am-7:00am so I would still get a notification of his birthday.

I know when I used to have a BlackBerry (that used to sync with Google Calendar as well) it would only show "March 8th 12:01am-12:02am John's Birthday," and the rest of the day would be free to enter any other activity.

Is there any way to do this on an Android device instead of manually changing all the birthdays?

Last edited:

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
How did the birthday's originally get into your Calendar? Were they created in Google Calendar online, or your Blackberry?

I had a lot of appointments on my WinMo phone that synced with Google. Winmo wouldn't accept and "all day" event, so it put 12:01 - 11:59.

Best idea, would be to go online and just change them one-by-one. It would also give you an opportunity to put them in their own calendar to helo you color code on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty