How to set Galaxy tablet 10.1 so Skype would ring ?

Robert Landry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to get my 87 yrs old mom to use Skype on my old tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1) with the 4.x Android OS.

However, if I want to call her once the tablet is locked and screen sleeps, I get a yellow (away) sign for her Skype account so we can't call her.

Really need to make things the most easier possible for her - so all she got to do when we call her is answer the call, no need for complex finger movement to unlock... Same if she wants to call us.

Is this feasible ? How do I set it ?

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the tablet connected to WiFi while sleeping (there's an option to keep WiFi 'alive' during standby)? Skype, as long as it's not force-closed or 'killed' by a battery-saving app, always runs in the background and as long as you're signed on and have a valid connection, the tablet (and any device where you're signed in with the account) will ring upon receiving a call.

Robert Landry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Is the tablet connected to WiFi while sleeping (there's an option to keep WiFi 'alive' during standby)? Skype, as long as it's not force-closed or 'killed' by a battery-saving app, always runs in the background and as long as you're signed on and have a valid connection, the tablet (and any device where you're signed in with the account) will ring upon receiving a call.

Robert Landry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh prefect then.

How do i find that wifi option to keep alive is "on" ?

As for battery saving, is it by default (then need disabling)?

As i have reset everything on this tablet so to make it "hers", i don't think i customized anything (except brightness to make it more readable for her...)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh prefect then.

How do i find that wifi option to keep alive is "on" ?

As for battery saving, is it by default (then need disabling)?

As i have reset everything on this tablet so to make it "hers", i don't think i customized anything (except brightness to make it more readable for her...)

WiFi I believe, by default, is set to turn off during Standby, so that's probably the likely culprit. Just long-press on the WiFi toggle button on your notification bar and that will take you to the WiFi settings. There, find the ADVANCED section and go down to the KEEP WI-FI ON DURING SLEEP option; that should be set to ALWAYS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21