My mic doesn't work after the new android update and not eaven my earpod mic
    05-26-2017 02:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official system update pushed over-the-air, or did you download it from a website and manually install it?
    05-28-2017 08:09 PM
    The same thing happened to me about a month ago! I have an A5 2016, and had been delaying the software update for weeks. After updating, i realised the phone wasn't picking up audio on calls, video or voice recorder, even through the earphone mic. I brought it to the samsung shop, and after a cursory examination, they said it wasn't a problem with hardware, so it would be a serious fix. Because i've had the lcd display changed at an unofficial shop before, my warranty was voided, so i went back to the same shop. The guy said it was a motherboard issue which would take sgd150 to replace. Instead i got a new phone and let the a5 drain to empty battery, but the strangest thing was, i recently charged it again, and all of a sudden the audio input works fine now! So maybe restarting the phone might help.

Just wanted to share my confounding experience in case it might help anyone.
    09-11-2017 05:09 AM
    The same thing happened to me about a month ago! I have an A5 2016, and had been delaying the software update for weeks. After updating, i realised the phone wasn't picking up audio on calls, video or voice recorder, even through the earphone mic. I brought it to the samsung shop, and after a cursory examination, they said it wasn't a problem with hardware, so it would be a serious fix. Because i've had the lcd display changed at an unofficial shop before, my warranty was voided, so i went back to the same shop. The guy said it was a motherboard issue which would take sgd150 to replace. Instead i got a new phone and let the a5 drain to empty battery, but the strangest thing was, i recently charged it again, and all of a sudden the audio input works fine now! So maybe restarting the phone might help.

Just wanted to share my confounding experience in case it might help anyone.
    Those people just wanted to make money off you.
    09-11-2017 05:24 AM