hello all,
    my power button has been iffy for months now taking multiple attempts for it to register a press and finally it stopped working completely. In an attempt to get it to wake up I followed some advice online that said to hold the volume up button while I plug in a power cord where I would then get the option to normal power up or recover boot.
    Well I did this and my phone powered straight to the "Android Recovery" Screen.
    Up top it says the following in yellow font:
    Android Recovery
    TCL/idol3/idol3
    6.0.1//MMB29M/v7VGE-0
    user/release-keys

Then it shows various languages to select and an image indicated that the volumes up and down allow you to scroll to the different languages while the power button allows you to select it. The very bottom says "Supported API: 3"

The volume buttons work of scrolling but the power button is obviously still not working in allowing me to select anything. But I dont want to recover my Android I simply want to power it on somehow without using the power button so I can download an app where I can wake up the phone using the volume key or something. Any suggestions of if/how to do this?

thanks!
    06-04-2017 02:33 AM
    My Alcatel Idol 3 encountered the same problem with its power button breaking. The best I could do was enter the exact same "Android Recovery" by holding volume-up while powering the phone by a usb. I also installed the Android Development Bridge "adb" but it does not recognize my device in this recovery mode.
    @eonaxes Did you ever solve this problem!?
    08-06-2018 01:47 AM
    hello all,
    my power button has been iffy for months now taking multiple attempts for it to register a press and finally it stopped working completely. In an attempt to get it to wake up I followed some advice online that said to hold the volume up button while I plug in a power cord where I would then get the option to normal power up or recover boot.
    Well I did this and my phone powered straight to the "Android Recovery" Screen.
    Up top it says the following in yellow font:
    Android Recovery
    TCL/idol3/idol3
    6.0.1//MMB29M/v7VGE-0
    user/release-keys

Then it shows various languages to select and an image indicated that the volumes up and down allow you to scroll to the different languages while the power button allows you to select it. The very bottom says "Supported API: 3"

The volume buttons work of scrolling but the power button is obviously still not working in allowing me to select anything. But I dont want to recover my Android I simply want to power it on somehow without using the power button so I can download an app where I can wake up the phone using the volume key or something. Any suggestions of if/how to do this?

thanks!
    12-05-2018 04:57 PM
    Almost the same issue, but my power button that I had just changed could select the language. But Cannot do anything after that. Any solution?
    12-05-2018 04:58 PM