question about deleting apps

KillCatcher

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
i hope this question wasn asked too often, but all links i found via search didnt help me.

is there a way to delete/uninstall preinstalled apps? when i go to manage apps the uninstall button is greyed out and these apps realy annoy me...

what i found via search was that these apps cant be deleted, but hidden, but all links to apps which could do that were broken or the app was removed from the market.

so if there is a way to delete these apps could u gimme a link or tell me which apps can hide them?

best regards!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no way to uninstall carrier loaded apps. They are "baked in" to the ROM and are stored in a partition that a standard user can get access to. If you are rooted then it is possible to either remove or freeze these apps. It's a shame they can not be uninstalled easily, but it's the way the carriers mandate it.

Hope this helps.

KillCatcher

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
thx for ur fast reply.
ok, since i got my phone yesterday and dont want to loose my waranty just the other day, i think i wont root it now.
So is there a way to hide these apps in the menu or somthing else?

regards!

CaDreamer

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
What I have done with my Cappy is move them way over onto the 7th screen. That way I don't have to see them or accidently open them. Anyway that was my answer to the problem.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can delete them off the screens, just long press and drag them to the trash, but they will still be in the app drawer. No way to delete them off there.

KillCatcher

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
thanks for ur replies but thats not what i want to do. of course i know how i can delete the icons from the homescreens, but i wont them do be hidden or deletet from the menu. i want them do disappear in the "show all apps" menu. is that possible? and in the same way, is there a apps that allows u to add folders and organise and create folders in the menu?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol