Why will non Google calendar app not sync with online Google calendar?

Wally71

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and it is great except for calendar syncing. I use Business Calendar since I prefer its layout. Previously with my old LG phone when I made a change to Business Calendar it would almost instantly show up on the Google online calendar. Now when I make a change on Business Calendar, nothing shows in the online Google calendar. When I open the Google Calendar on the phone, the change shows up and only then it then appears on the online Google calendar.

I have given Business Calendar all permissions and everything else on Business Calendar and on the phone works perfectly. So what is going on? Thanks.

Wally71

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Add full acess for non Google calendar apps.

How can I add full access to my Google online account for calendar apps other than the Google calendar? Although I was able to do this on a previous Android phone, I can't do it with my Samsung Galaxy S8+.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Similar threads merged. Have you tried any other 3rd party calendar apps to see if the same thing happens, or just Business Calendar? If it only seems to happen with Business Calendar, then try emailing their support team: support@businesscalendar.de

Also, check to make sure that Restrict Background Data isn't turned on for Business Calendar (in the Settings>Data Usage menu), and that you don't have any power-saving modes turned on.

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I've used the original Business Calendar which wad great and Business Calendar 2 but with BC 2 when I used it on Sony phones a while back I always had problems with it syncing, I was always contacting their support team but they never fixed it so I gave up on using it when I bought the S6 edge plus and just used samsung calendar instead. I still use S Calendar now on my S8 plus and it works great for me.

Wally71

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Turning off Restrict Background Data for Business Calendar (in the Settings>Data Usage menu), and not having any power-saving modes turned on worked. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol