Android headphone issue - S3, S4 mini, A5 - only with 2 stripe jack

rawroftheworlds

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Issue is slight movement to the headphone jack or cord makes sound cut out.

I have a new Galaxy A5 (2017) which immediately has the problem. It is the exact same issue I've had on a previous Galaxy S3 as well as a backup phone, a Galaxy S4 mini.

The headphones are Sennheiser HD 201's. I actually have two pair of these headphones and both are just as problematic/sensitive. They have 2 stripes on the jack, meaning they don't have a microphone.

I've purchased cheap in-ear headphones and voila, same problem, and they have only 2 stripes. Same problem exists for 3 types of 3.5mm cables I have, tested in my car (which has AUX input) as well as attempting to plug into a microphone on a laptop as well as an amplifier and stereo system. However plugging both the Sennheisers and the cheap headphones into a laptop, and no problems whatsoever, I can twist the headphone jack in a full circle as well as knock the cord forcefully.

However the headphones I had shipped with the A5 (as well as previous ones) work just fine - but they have 3 stripes on the jack, meaning they have a microphone.

I found heaps of complaints about this problem, all having the same consistency with other devices (like stereos, laptops, computers) and same inconsistency with plugging into an android. However I never found any reference to the two-stripe/three-stripe problem. Thought this would help shed some light on this issue and hopefully someone can provide a fix given this information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995