Hey, I'm running Android OS 6.01 and just updated my Messenger app to 2.2.075. Now I can't delete multiple text messages at once. Before I was able to click on multiple texts (making the check mark on the letter in the circle) and delete all that were checked. Now with this new version, once one text has been checked, clicking on another text brings up the contact info instead of being checked off. Is there a way to revert back to the old way or am I stuck deleting one text at a time? Thanks.
    06-14-2017 11:33 PM
    I wish I could answer this question but, unfortunately, I have the same (annoying) problem. I just upgraded from an old ZTE Z998 running Android 4.1.2 to a Motorola G5 Plus running Android 7.0 with the stock Messages app version 2.2.076. My old ZTE phone allowed me to easily multi-select text messages and delete. I have not figured out how to do the same thing (or accomplish the same thing) on the Moto G5. Deleting one text at a time is ... well, not good.
    06-21-2017 10:28 AM
    Just to clarify, are we talking about deleting multiple conversations, or deleting multiple messages inside the same conversation?
    06-21-2017 09:53 PM
    Just to clarify, are we talking about deleting multiple conversations, or deleting multiple messages inside the same conversation?
    Deleting multiple conversations
    06-22-2017 11:39 PM
    Hey, I'm running Android OS 6.01 and just updated my Messenger app to 2.2.075. Now I can't delete multiple text messages at once. Before I was able to click on multiple texts (making the check mark on the letter in the circle) and delete all that were checked. Now with this new version, once one text has been checked, clicking on another text brings up the contact info instead of being checked off. Is there a way to revert back to the old way or am I stuck deleting one text at a time? Thanks.
    Which phone and which text messaging app?

I'm on the Moto Z Force Droid on 7.0 Nougat and using Google Messenger/Android Messages 2.2.076.

I can select multiple threads if I long press the contact/thread circle then press on any other thread (not the circle).
    06-22-2017 11:57 PM
    Try to connect your phone with AirMore. Than you can manage all your messages on PC. You may then delete them.
    06-23-2017 01:19 AM
    Which phone and which text messaging app?

I'm on the Moto Z Force Droid on 7.0 Nougat and using Google Messenger/Android Messages 2.2.076.

I can select multiple threads if I long press the contact/thread circle then press on any other thread (not the circle).
    Rad! That got it working. Thanks bud
    06-23-2017 08:09 AM
    Just to clarify ...
    I am trying to delete multiple text messages from within a conversation. This simple, common-sense feature was available in my old Android Messaging app but omitted in my new and "improved" Android Messages app.
    07-20-2017 09:20 AM
    There is often confusion between the Android (Google) Messages app vs the Samsung Messages App. The Android one does not allow you to delete multiple messages within a conversation but the Samsung App Message does. You hold one of the message in a conversation, you select Delete in the menu and the check box will appear beside all the messages, you can check as many messages as you want to delete.
    03-22-2018 03:35 PM