How can I unlock the device locator software on my phone?

Jeek666

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
I used the device locator software from the app store at Google to help locate my phone and now I can't get into it because I locked it with a pin on purpose to see if it would work and when I restarted my Samsung S5 to check on pin, the software would not recognize the pin I chose. Now, I am locked out of my own phone. I used my Samsung tablet S4 to check the locator software and my Samsung S5 phone is not even showing up on the device locator software, but a device that I don't have, which is an S2 is showing up and it will not locate it. It says can't reach it and I don't even own an S2 device. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device locator app did you use? Was it Find My Device, the app that's associated with Google's Android Device Manager?

I also moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for devs to promote their apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's also worth noting that Android Device Manager won't remotely change your password if the phone already has a screen lock set up. It will only do this if the phone didn't have any screen lock set in the first place.

Last edited: