I used the device locator software from the app store at Google to help locate my phone and now I can't get into it because I locked it with a pin on purpose to see if it would work and when I restarted my Samsung S5 to check on pin, the software would not recognize the pin I chose. Now, I am locked out of my own phone. I used my Samsung tablet S4 to check the locator software and my Samsung S5 phone is not even showing up on the device locator software, but a device that I don't have, which is an S2 is showing up and it will not locate it. It says can't reach it and I don't even own an S2 device. Please help.
    06-18-2017 06:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device locator app did you use? Was it Find My Device, the app that's associated with Google's Android Device Manager?

I also moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for devs to promote their apps.
    06-20-2017 04:35 PM
    It's also worth noting that Android Device Manager won't remotely change your password if the phone already has a screen lock set up. It will only do this if the phone didn't have any screen lock set in the first place.
    06-21-2017 12:08 PM