Suddenly my ram is always full

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5x fully up to date. Android 7.1.2. Suddenly my internal storage (25gb) is always full. When I delete a bunch of files the ram immediately goes back to full. Virus? Something else? I scanned with Lookout and it didn't detect any viruses.

Seems this problem happened right after I used a USB cable to connect my Nexus to my Windows 10 fully patched laptop to transfer some files. I transferred a few files but it stopped and said Nexus full.

Any ideas? Anyone heard of this before? Thanks,

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Let's be clear as to what we are talking about here: "Storage" (typically anywhere from 16GB to 128GB, depending on your device) or "Memory" (typically 1 to 4 GB, again, depending on the device).

If you are talking about Storage, then, yes, it does seem that you may have an issue.

On the other hand, if talking about Memory, then this is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. As you open and run apps, they take up space in active memory and remain there until the space is needed by another app. Think of it as moving stuff around in your garage to make room for new stuff and, when necessary, moving some stuff entirely out of the garage to make room for things that must be kept out of the weather.

Take a look at https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/memory-overview.html for more info.

Also, https://support.google.com/android-one/answer/2840863?hl=en

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I meant to write Internal Storage and not ram. I went into Safe Mode and the problem was still there. Do I need to wipe my phone and reset it to factory condition?

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Mystery solved. By chance and good luck I found out that my ES File Manager has a Recycle Bin feature and it had 12GB of files that I thought I had deleted. Wow. I emptied it and now all is well. 12gb free!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz