"Other" portion of my internal storage is mysteriously large

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Nexus 5x with N 7.1.2. Suddenly my Internal Storage is almost full. I went to Settings -> Storage and I see that the Other storage category has 15gb. When I look at the directories in Other they don't nearly add up to 15gb. How can I see all the files that are in Other? Are there hidden files? How can I see them?

Thanks,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, I looked at my 5X. I have 18 GB in System. I'm half tempted to do a reset to see if that will reduce that amount.

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Mystery solved. By chance and good luck I found out that my Android Recycle Bin had 12GB of files that I thought I had deleted. Wow. I had no idea that there even was a Recycle Bin. I emptied it and now all is well.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mystery solved. By chance and good luck I found out that my Android Recycle Bin had 12GB of files that I thought I had deleted. Wow. I had no idea that there even was a Recycle Bin. I emptied it and now all is well.

Neither did I. How did you find it?

I went ahead with my reset and the System stats are back down to 4 GB.

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Upon reflection I'm pretty sure this Recycle Bin is a feature of the ES File Manager and not part of Android. I found this Recycle Bin in ES File Manager.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz