Need help restoring firmware

adam7718

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys. So something really weird happened yesterday thats driving me off the walls. I used android data recovery to recover some data, and it seemed to have "flashed" my Galaxy s7, and now it has a "custom" build to it and I'm getting the "unauthorized actions" message, the knox is giving me a security warning, etc. I don't want this, I don't want to root my phone. I just want to factory firmware.

I've tried smart switch, kies and Odin to put it back to the original firmware, but nothing seems to be working. Odin fails no matter what I do, and Smart Switch/Kies says it doesn't recognize my device as soon as it starts installing the firmware. It's like some virus is preventing all attempts at restoring the original firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:

adam7718

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Thank you! I tried to use Odin 3.12 as well as the latest version of Smart Switch from Samsung's website. Model of my phone is SM-G930T.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Note that using Kies is the Samsung 'official' method, with Odin it's more of a manual process where you are intentionally selecting a particular ROM. Also, pick one or other as running both simultaneously will often result in a conflict. I prefer Odin but choose your preferred utility. If you do use Odin, be sure that Kies is not running in the background (kill its process). Also, don't always rely on the latest version, Odin is not very backwards compatible so try going here and use the recommended version to see if this works better:
Download Odin (All Versions) for Samsung Galaxy Devices
As for a verified stock ROM, go here and pick the appropriate one:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7/SM-G930T/
At the bottom of the actual download page there are basic instructions on steps to perform (again, if the latest Odin version is a problem try an older one).
When done you might also want to boot up into Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition. That's a good practice after flashing a different ROM.

adam7718

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Note that using Kies is the Samsung 'official' method, with Odin it's more of a manual process where you are intentionally selecting a particular ROM. Also, pick one or other as running both simultaneously will often result in a conflict. I prefer Odin but choose your preferred utility. If you do use Odin, be sure that Kies is not running in the background (kill its process). Also, don't always rely on the latest version, Odin is not very backwards compatible so try going here and use the recommended version to see if this works better:
Download Odin (All Versions) for Samsung Galaxy Devices
As for a verified stock ROM, go here and pick the appropriate one:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7/SM-G930T/
At the bottom of the actual download page there are basic instructions on steps to perform (again, if the latest Odin version is a problem try an older one).
When done you might also want to boot up into Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition. That's a good practice after flashing a different ROM.

Thanks smvim! I just gave it a try with 2 other versions of Odin so far, and got the following.

Just tried with Odin 3.11.2

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/007> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> emmc_appsboot.mbn
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> lksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/007> xbl.elf
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete (Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Then I tried 3.12.3 and got this:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/007> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> emmc_appsboot.mbn
<ID:0/007> lksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
At least both failed at the same point. Regarding the ROM you're using, where did you download it from and what site? I'd recommend either sammobile or updato.com, both are valid sites for download verified Samsung stock ROMs.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try redownloading the ROMs again. Also try different cables/USB ports. Also, make sure you have the most updated Samsung drivers to your PC.

Ace2017

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I use a rooted Lenovo s60-a, I flashed a wrong CWM recovery and now I cannot get my recovery back. All I see is the lenovo logo when I go to recovery mode. I want to get my stock recovery back so I can flash a stock firmware. If there is any way to flash the stock firmware pls tell me or how to get my recovery back. Pls help me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34