Nexus 6P types jibberish on its own.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 6P running 7.1.2 with Gboard, Swiftkey and Flexsy keyboards, have a jibberish typing issue. No matter the keyboard I use, it will randomly throw letters in that are no where near where I am typing. I can type slow and for example, hit the letter a and a P M E and O might pop on the screen. Then when I hit the backspace button to delete those random characters, the back button will go back a little and randomly throw in letters also. WTH?

It does this will all three keyboards I have installed and I also installed a few others to test and the same problem. Any ideas? It has done this the last few months and is getting worse. So its not the latest update. I am almost at the point I have to use voice to type on it.

Bad digitizer? I hate to do a fresh reboot as I have learned over the years that it has only helped about 20% of my issues in the past. Usually, I go through setting my phone back up again, only to have the same problem.

Any help or ideas?

Thank you.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My guess is the digitizer. There's some test apps you can use to check in the Play store. You can also load a web page in your browser, then press and hold on a blank spot. If the page starts jumping around erratically or trying to select text in another area of the screen, then yes you like have a hardware issue.

I've also seen this happen only when the phone is plugged in, caused by a bad USB cable, port, or charger. The digitizer works off the electrical impulses in your fingers, so electrical interference from other sources due to another hardware fault is possible.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I did the touchscreen repair app and it made an adustment, but it is still randomly typing other characters when I am typing, including when just using the backspace, it adds randome letters and such. Do I need a new phone? It has extended warranty with Google. I hate starting over again and getting all the settings setup. Takes a week or so to get the phone working again. Ugghhh!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad