Nexus 6P running 7.1.2 with Gboard, Swiftkey and Flexsy keyboards, have a jibberish typing issue. No matter the keyboard I use, it will randomly throw letters in that are no where near where I am typing. I can type slow and for example, hit the letter a and a P M E and O might pop on the screen. Then when I hit the backspace button to delete those random characters, the back button will go back a little and randomly throw in letters also. WTH?

It does this will all three keyboards I have installed and I also installed a few others to test and the same problem. Any ideas? It has done this the last few months and is getting worse. So its not the latest update. I am almost at the point I have to use voice to type on it.

Bad digitizer? I hate to do a fresh reboot as I have learned over the years that it has only helped about 20% of my issues in the past. Usually, I go through setting my phone back up again, only to have the same problem.

Any help or ideas?

Thank you.
    06-24-2017 09:10 AM
    My guess is the digitizer. There's some test apps you can use to check in the Play store. You can also load a web page in your browser, then press and hold on a blank spot. If the page starts jumping around erratically or trying to select text in another area of the screen, then yes you like have a hardware issue.

I've also seen this happen only when the phone is plugged in, caused by a bad USB cable, port, or charger. The digitizer works off the electrical impulses in your fingers, so electrical interference from other sources due to another hardware fault is possible.
    06-24-2017 10:07 AM
    I did the touchscreen repair app and it made an adustment, but it is still randomly typing other characters when I am typing, including when just using the backspace, it adds randome letters and such. Do I need a new phone? It has extended warranty with Google. I hate starting over again and getting all the settings setup. Takes a week or so to get the phone working again. Ugghhh!
    07-03-2017 02:35 PM