Android Bluetooth Gamepad Options

Yamucha

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi!

Please excuse my binge posting. There are so many options it becomes overwhelming after a while.

Which gamepad do you think i should get? A Moga Controller or a generic one?

Moga Controller's aren't sold in Turkey. I can get one online but they are a bit expensive and i can't justify it's price to my parents.

Do you suppose if i get a generic Bluetooth gamepad, will there be any incompatibilities in the long run? I'll mainly game with emulators and such.

What is the situation regarding Controller / Gamepad support on Android as of now? Did it advance to such a stage it's like on Windows in that i can just pair a compatible gamepad and the OS takes care of the rest?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Five posts in two or three days of membership is okay. I hope you're enjoying the forums while you learn. :)
I'll move this thread to the Gamers Lounge, where those guys are more likely to be able to advise.

Yamucha

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I want to post an update.

I just bought an OTG adapter to see for myself as to Huawei P9 Lite's support for said feature. Most people on the web said it didn't support OTG and there was one video showing P9 Lite's supposed lack of it.

I bought an OTG adapter today and i can confirm that Huawei P9 Lite does indeed support OTG and i hooked a USB Keyboard, A USB 1TB Hard-Disk and a Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad and it immediately recognized all of it and they were immediately ready for service.

NOW ONTO THE PART RELEVANT TO THE TOPIC OF GAMEPADS FOR ANDROID

I tested the Logitech F710 Gamepad with the Nostalgia NES emulator and after setting the appropriate buttons in the Gamepad Profiles options, the Logitech F710 Gamepad was ready for use without any lag or other problems.

I did searched around the internet for Android's support for such gamepads and the answer i found was the gamepads with a USB dongle such as Logitech F710 was not supported on Android and i needed to root and install apps / drivers to make them work.

Keep in mind that I only tested the F710 with Nostalgia NES emulator and not native games like Dungeon Hunter 4 or Asphalt 8 Airborne or any other emulator so i can't confirm that gamepads with wireless dongles will work for Native Android games without rooting and such but if you got one laying around it's much better to just grab an OTG adapter.

Now if only i can figure out a way to securely attach my gamepad and phone...

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy