How to stop text message display over running apps

cgoswamy

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Each time, I get a text message, apart from the notification on the top notification bar, the entire text also shows on whichever app I may be accessing at that time. So this is not for locked screen. How do I stop this? This has started only over the past couple of months. This is only for TEXT messages, not Whatsapp or other applications. I am using Samsung Galaxy E7 running 5.1.1 Android version.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
go to seettings and selects apps then select message aap go to permission turn off allpermission then restart ur phone

Doing this could lead to problems, as disabling permissions could hamper the app. In some cases, it could cause it to stop functioning completely. I'd check your text messaging apps to see if there's a pop-up setting or something you can disable in their respective settings. Check this for all of your text messaging apps, even if you're not actively using one.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Check the settings in your texting app. Some apps let you control the amount of data shown in the notice { all, non-private, none }. Yours seems to be set to "all".

Which texting app are you using?

cgoswamy

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm using the stock messaging app that came with the Samsung Android phone. This popup has only started a couple of months back even though I haven't changed any settings. Here is a screenshot of my current settingsScreenshot_2017-07-08-10-16-17[1].png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair