How am I able to see when my mom is typing a text but not others?

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
My mom has an Android as well but I have several other contacts that also do. Yet she is the only one that when she types, it shows that she is typing a message in the conversation.

How is this happening? So confused!

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
No we aren't on the same plan. I have my own plan, that's what's confusing? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and just the regular texting function.

Again, I can even read where it shows she has "read" my text or it will just simply say "delivered". But again, I know tons of other people like my dad who has an Android and it doesn't do any of this with our threads?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are on the same carrier and both phones have advanced (RCS) messaging capable phones, then that is why you are seeing her typing status. I see this with my wife and I since we have the same phone (RCS capable)and are both on T-Mobile.

The plan shouldn't matter.

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't understand? Yes we are both on AT&T but separate plans. But what do you mean we both have some type of advanced messaging capability turned on? I didn't turn anything on and I don't see anything on my phone where I can turn those functions off/on? What is RCS?

I just texted my dad and he said that both he and my mom have Galaxy S6. But again, I don't see this function when my dad is texting me but only my mom? Or anyone else?

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't understand? Yes we are both on AT&T but separate plans. But what do you mean we both have some type of advanced messaging capability turned on? I didn't turn anything on and I don't see anything on my phone where I can turn those functions off/on? What is RCS?

I just texted my dad and he said that both he and my mom have Galaxy S6. But again, I don't see this function when my dad is texting me but only my mom? Or anyone else?
RCS (rich communication service) messaging has been rolling out through carriers to select Android phones. If you're familiar with iMessage on iOS it has similar features. In order to take advantage of this, both users must be with a carrier that supports RCS, with compatible phones. So maybe your mom is your old other contact on a compatible carrier with a compatible device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon