I have a Samsung Gusto 3 phone. The model SM-B311v. This phone is a flip style phone by Verizon. My daughter uses this phone. This is not a traditional smartphone where you can connect it to a computer to retrieve data. I don't think this phone has USB debugging mode. If it does, I can't find it anywhere.

I would like to retrieve any delete SMS messages, if possible. I have tried Samsung Kies and Smart Switch neither of these work with this type of phone. I did perform a Verizon backup on the phone which I don't know what good that does.

I might be wrong, I don't think it is possible to retrieve anything on this phone after it has been deleted. I don't think this phone has a SIM card. Even it did have a card, I don't know what information is stored on the card. Of course, I am trying to find the SM B311v drivers for Win 7.

Any help is appreciate.
    07-17-2017 07:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is an Android forum, so you probably won't find a good solution here, sorry. Kies and Smart Switch are designed for Android devices. Your best bet is to talk to Verizon and see if they can help. Good luck!
    07-17-2017 11:29 AM
    Verizon customer and former rep. I do not know of a way to get messages off that phone if they've been deleted.

It's possible, though I admit not likely, that you can get a copy of the messages from Verizon. The Verizon message app and cloud app for smartphones can sync and store your messages with Verizon, not sure if it was possible with the flip phone but worth checking with them.

You will need to speak with corporate Verizon itself, not one of the many 3rd party premium retailers. Only Verizon themselves have access to call logs and important personal data, the premium retailers just access accounts for some limited information and to perform device activations.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-17-2017 11:49 AM