How do you remove a scratch on the touchscreen that you can feel with a fingernail?

nos415

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
I have a S6 Edge Plus and there is a squiggly centimeter long scratch near the top lefthand corner. I have tried toothpaste, an pencil eraser, baby powder, corn starch, and glue. What do you guys recommend to make it less visible to the naked eye. I contacted a near by repair shop and they said that they would have to change the whole lcd screen for $250, which is definitely not worth it because it is really just comestic damage.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. If you polish it too much you could damage the digitizer underneath. I would put a screen protector on and forget about it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
what is the digitizer?
When my phone is on, you can see the scratch at certain angles.
The digitizer is what picks up your touches. If that gets damaged, then touch response can go wonky or simply fail all together. But I'm with PJRed2008 that it's likely not worth trying to polish out. I've never known that to be possible with glass, at least not as a DIY method.

nos415

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Okay, I think I'll a screen protector. Should I get tempered glass? I had those in the past and they usually dont last due to the edge screen. Any Recommendations?

nos415

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
I still feel kind of bummed. I had an Otter ox on my phone and I decided to take it off about a 2 weeks ago abd my phone vot scratched. I wosh there was something I could do. I had a similar scratch on the bottom left hand corner and it got buffed out. I dont know how but its gone.