Problems connecting Galaxy j36v to laptop via USB

anon(9180851)

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Android noob here. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy j36v that is approx 1 year old. I would like to transfer photos to Dell laptop with Windows 10. However, when I connect phone to my laptop using the USB cable nothing happens. The phone does not appear in the "Devices and Drives" folder on the PC. I am using the same cable that I use for charging, which is the same one the phone came with. However, I do know that the cable is for both charging and data, so that isn't the problem.

If anybody can help with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You have to enable Developer Options on your device and install USB drivers on your Dell. The drivers are available on Samsung's website, make sure you get the correct ones for Win10. You enable Dev Options by Settings, About Phone and tap on build number multiple times till you see a message. Once you've done both of those, connect the phone and you should see a pop up asking for permission. Approve that and you should see the device in Win Explorer.

anon(9180851)

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
You have to enable Developer Options on your device and install USB drivers on your Dell. The drivers are available on Samsung's website, make sure you get the correct ones for Win10. You enable Dev Options by Settings, About Phone and tap on build number multiple times till you see a message. Once you've done both of those, connect the phone and you should see a pop up asking for permission. Approve that and you should see the device in Win Explorer.

I tried all of this ^^ several times and it still does not show up in "Devices and Drives" in the "This PC" file on the Dell laptop when I plug the Samsung via USB cable.

anon(9180851)

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
OK, I just figured it out. It was the USB cable after all. I was using a 'charge only' cable, and I tried it with a tried and true data transfer cable and voila! It works like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678