On Win10m there is a function where i can hold the Windows-Button for a second, and this moves the whole screen to the lower half, so i can easliy reach buttons on the top of the screen with my right thumb.

While i'm configuring Android to be less Android and more Windows (a lot to do, but i'm slowly getting there), for this function i could not find anything. And it's so useful, espeically since all Mid-Range-Devices are 5" or more.

(running a Honor 9 with Arrow-Launcher and Cortana, if some of this matters).

Thank you guys already!
    07-28-2017 03:05 AM
    Hi there,

That function is not something that all phones have. Samsung's latest, for instance, do have a shortcut that allows you to turn one-handed mode on/off, but since the Honor 9 is touted as an 'easily held in one hand' device, it doesn't have a one-handed feature (or at least not one that I could find a reference to).

IF it exists in your phone, it would be something called that: One-Handed Mode.
    07-28-2017 03:14 AM
    Sorry, but 5" is not one hand friendly. 4" barely is.

2 days with Android and already want to go back to win 10. I can't imagine why this crap could get that successful.
    07-28-2017 05:56 AM
    Sorry, but 5" is not one hand friendly. 4" barely is.

2 days with Android and already want to go back to win 10. I can't imagine why this crap could get that successful.
    Don't kill the messenger... that's how THEY were marketing it. I also don't think 5" is one-hand friendly, but compared to what we have nowadays, 5" does look tiny in comparison.

Again, Android might not be for you. Or maybe the specific device you have is not the right Android experience for you (like I said, Samsung phones and other brands DO have the feature built-in). That's why we have so many options. Only problem with Win10 is A), it's going the way of the dodo until the 'universal' W10 versions come out, and B), there's a strong lack of app support, even for 'universal' apps once they start doing that. Again, not trying to trash Windows, just pointing it out (whenever one app announces they'll support 'universal' W10 releases, 2 or 3 announce they're dropping W10 support).
    Tim1954 likes this.
    07-30-2017 09:39 PM
    You gotta love how ppl come to Android from iPhone or Windows and then try to turn the device into an iPhone /windows clone.... Shees..... Why not just stay on the platform you like...
    07-30-2017 11:24 PM
    It's totally understandable, especially if there's a specific feature you like (iMessage, for instance, is the first thing most people miss when switching from iPhone, and it does make for a hard, uphill learning curve... because it involves the rest of your contacts, not just you).

A new OS might lure you in with interesting features or apps that wouldn't otherwise exist in your current OS, but it's totally fine if you want to make the new experience as close as possible to what you were used to. Not all of use can venture into a whole new way of doing things without easing up into it, little by little. But, as cliché as it may be, the new OS might not be for you and switching to something else or going back to your old 'habits' might be the right thing. #choice
    07-30-2017 11:34 PM