I have a galaxy amp 2. I've had it perhaps since January? This has only started a few days ago, but whenever I click the power button to boot it out of sleep mode, the screen simply flashes for a split second and then goes black again. If I click again immediately after, it stays black, but then if I click again, it flashes again. This will go on for a time with me clicking the power button ceaselessly (I have tried waiting patiently, it doesn't seem to help) for it to finally reach the lock screen so I can open my phone. I ignored it before because I only had to click the power button around 10 times, but just an hour ago I tried opening my phone and I ended up clicking the power button around... 100 times before it let me open my phone? Yes, I've tried restarting it. That does not aid either. I do not know how to restart with it on sleep, or even power it off, and I'm only able to do it when the lock screen is visible or I am in the phone. Also, holding the power button does not aid in any way. Is there a way to fix this? Is my phone just breaking down, or is there something I can do about this? It is only getting worse.
    08-07-2017 03:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? SAMSUNG J120A Galaxy Amp 2 - Frequently Asked Questions about resetting your device - HardReset.info
    08-07-2017 09:05 PM
    Yes, I just booted my phone up in safe mode, and it is still doing this. Recently I turned my phone off and pulled out the battery, blew on it, and put it back in. It seemed to fix it for a bit, but soon it started again. When I did that process over it fixed it for a shorter amount of time. It is now back, as bad as ever, even in safe mode.
    08-09-2017 03:52 AM
    Try a new or different battery. If the problem still happens, then it might be a problem with the Power button, a loose screen connection, or a failing motherboard (all of which would require a trip to a repair shop).
    08-10-2017 02:01 AM