I have a ZTE NB17 Android os 4.4.4. I installed a micro sd card, but I cant get the Apps and future downloads to store on the SD? I have the settings set to make the sd card the primary internal storage device. But it simply. Will not cooperate? Someone's wrote me and said I Should upgrade to OS 6.0. But I dont know if it is possible to do. If it would work then I need help with serious instructions please? Then also I have been reading about this rooting procedure which I think that means the phone is wiped out so you can install what you want or need? Thanks Guys i really need some guidance here please.
    RossJosh likes this.
    08-07-2017 04:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unless the device is on Marshmallow and supports Adoptable Storage, you can't install apps directly to the SD card. You'd have to install the app to Internal Storage, then go to Settings>Apps, select the app, and tap Move to SD (if this feature is supported on your phone -- not all phones let you do this). Setting the SD card to primary internal storage on your phone probably just means that any file downloads (not app installations) will go to the SD card.

I assume you mean that your phone is the ZTE N817, the Quest. This phone was released in 2015, and it's highly unlikely that there was any official system update to Marshmallow. To get Marshmallow, you'd have to see if anyone designed a custom Marshmallow ROM for your specific phone, and then you'd have to root it to install the ROM. This is also unlikely, but you can search the forums at XDA-developers.com, which is a good resource for this kind of thing.
    08-07-2017 08:03 PM