Help! Can't create extra panels on Android 7.0 Nougat after an update

MikexNYC

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
My Android LG Phone had an update of some sorts

I don't know what the update was about but after that I cannot create extra panels anymore by holding an icon & moving it to the next window

It doesn't work anymore

The update changed the look of my Android too

My other 7.0 Nougat didn't have this panel that the update has ex. Home Boost Camera Flashlight etc..
Help! Thanks!

0807170622.jpg

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
My Android LG Phone had an update of some sorts

I don't know what the update was about but after that I cannot create extra panels anymore by holding an icon & moving it to the next window

It doesn't work anymore

The update changed the look of my Android too

My other 7.0 Nougat didn't have this panel that the update has ex. Home Boost Camera Flashlight etc..
Help! Thanks!

View attachment 265337

That comes from an app not Android. I see you have DU Battery Saver. That could be it or another battery or a storage cleaner.

MikexNYC

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
That comes from an app not Android. I see you have DU Battery Saver. That could be it or another battery or a storage cleaner.

Thanks! I uninstalled DU Battery Saver & something else, I forget then name lol & those icons are gone but I still cannot create anymore panels by dragging an icon over like I used to do

WTF?? I'm going to do a factory reset, thanks for the info

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I uninstalled DU Battery Saver & something else, I forget then name lol & those icons are gone but I still cannot create anymore panels by dragging an icon over like I used to do

WTF?? I'm going to do a factory reset, thanks for the info

Alright one problem solved! ;)

Before going for the factory reset I'd try emptying my launcher's cache (which will reset the launcher but not the rest of the phone). Go in your app list and find Home (I believe that's what it's called on LG) and then clear cache. If that doesn't help, then do the same and tap on clear data instead.

MikexNYC

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Alright one problem solved! ;)

Before going for the factory reset I'd try emptying my launcher's cache (which will reset the launcher but not the rest of the phone). Go in your app list and find Home (I believe that's what it's called on LG) and then clear cache. If that doesn't help, then do the same and tap on clear data instead.

I just did a factory reset & I got the same update from LG that I accidently accepted

It was the ux 5.0 update that screwed up my extra panel making! Anyways thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan