Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge Plus and I have a question about managing my contacts. I have noticed lately that my pictures are very blurry and all of my addresses are duplicated which causes an unnecessary step when using my GPS to a contacts address. I figured out that this is because of the Samsung account contacts. I never wanted my contacts in Samsung anyway, as I keep my extensive contact database only on my Google Gmail account and I've always been able to access that easily with my Android smart phones being sync to my Gmail account. I have noticed that if I unlink my Samsung contact the problem is corrected but apparently I have to do that for every single contact and I have nearly 3,000.

Is there a simple way to delete all of my Samsung contacts without deleting any of my Google Gmail contacts?

Thanks I appreciate any help.
    08-13-2017 11:30 AM
    You should be able to just un-tick the Contacts option in the Samsung Account Sync settings. If that doesn't do it, go to the App Manager, find Contact Storage, and clear data (BEFORE you do that, make sure all your contacts are, indeed, in your Google Account or you'll permanently lose info!); then re-sync with your Google account to re-populate the contacts.
    08-13-2017 12:02 PM
    I tried both methods, and my samsung account contacts are still on my phone.
    I am useing Galaxy S8+ with latest Android OS on that platform. THe problem arose becuase I upgraded from Galaxy S5 and chose the migration option. All my contacts are in Google and I prefer to keep them there.

Help!

You should be able to just un-tick the Contacts option in the Samsung Account Sync settings. If that doesn't do it, go to the App Manager, find Contact Storage, and clear data (BEFORE you do that, make sure all your contacts are, indeed, in your Google Account or you'll permanently lose info!); then re-sync with your Google account to re-populate the contacts.
    10-01-2017 12:18 PM
    bump

I tried both methods, and my samsung account contacts are still on my phone.
    I am useing Galaxy S8+ with latest Android OS on that platform. THe problem arose becuase I upgraded from Galaxy S5 and chose the migration option. All my contacts are in Google and I prefer to keep them there.

Help!
    10-23-2017 08:40 AM
    Had the issue for me. I think contacts came from my car where multiple phones are synced to address book.

In Samsung contacts app click more button (3 vertical dots)
    Go to settings
    Contacts to show > change to contact repository you use ie Google
    06-24-2018 08:56 PM