Yahoo email not working

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine and I are having a problem with Yahoo email. It was working last week but it is not connecting now. Trying to add it again returns "Username or password incorrect." We both have a Droid X. This is happening with both the stock email client and improved email client. Any Ideas or others having this problem?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine and I are having a problem with Yahoo email. It was working last week but it is not connecting now. Trying to add it again returns "Username or password incorrect." We both have a Droid X. This is happening with both the stock email client and improved email client. Any Ideas or others having this problem?

Yahoo email has never worked well wit the stock email (I'm surprised you even got it to work, supposedly it isn't supported unless you pay yahoo). I use K-9 and have never had any problems.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I always had problems with the native Yahoo app. It would tell me I had new messages, but would never display them (of course I could see the new messages via web browser). After switching to K-9 Mail, I haven't had any problems.

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I currently pay for the premium service from yahoo but my friend does not. We both have the same problem. The problem occurs with wifi on or off. It seems not to be connecting to the imap server (my guess.) I will switch to K9 but I would love to know what happened between last week and this week. I was getting Yahoo email not problem since October. I've been slowing switching to Gmail, guess I'll have to speed that up. Thanks for the adive.

Nrike

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I always had problems with the native Yahoo app. It would tell me I had new messages, but would never display them (of course I could see the new messages via web browser). After switching to K-9 Mail, I haven't had any problems.

This is exactly what is happening to my account at this moment. I have had yahoo mail on my many android phones and never had a problem until now. I tried different phones to no avail. I already filed a help request to yahoo technical support. I''m not sure what to expect since they never solved my issue of yahoo messenger not being able to send and/or receive pictures or files. :'(

codecrafter

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I found this on Yahoo and it worked for me:

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
go to mail icon
add account
enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
enter password at password field
select MANUAL SETUP not next
select imap
username= name@yahoo.com
password = yourpassword
imap server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
port=143
security=none
optional = blank
select next

you will then be prompted to sign in do so.

will then be taken to the smptp settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. then select next. sign in. name your account and that's it.

adamMST

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem with my atrix with the stock email. Sometimes it will give that error and then it will start working and connect fine. It is pretty random though.

niceslice

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Yahoo email not working - thanks!

I tried your idea (I was getting super frustrated with this recent update push). it seems to work! thanks.

flybyy

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo Mail has enabled SSL. Just go into your settings on your phone and click SSL on the security (twice) and you should be all set. They did a poor job of letting people know this. I have a business account with them and it took me almost two days to sort it out... if I wasn't so invested in them I would change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos