Bluetooth HID Remote control - single click multiple key events

nikosbocho

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to make a custom bluetooth remote control for use with Android and iPhone. The remote control has 2 buttons with NEW functions. 1 buttons single click sends brightness down 10 times and the other button single click send brightness up 10 times.

2 button Selfie Remote Control Functions.png

The brightness up and brightness down is nothing new, they already exist on a keyboard the key codes are 220 and 221 respectively. The NEW function is that a single click sends multiple key events. Here is an example of the end result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMoREfC0XU

In the video I click once and it dims the brightness down 20 times. I click once on another button and it increases the brightness up 20 times. This happens very fast. It can be done with long press on a brightness but that takes 2 secs.

I have contacted factories in China through alibaba but they all seem to be puzzled as to how one click can send multiple key events. My background is not related to computer programming or electrical engineering so I have no clue how bluetooth remote control works. I know there is a HID protocol for bluetooth and an integrated circuit. The IC can be programmed. I thought it would be very simple to click one time and IC program sends multiple key codes. Is this hard to do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci