Droid 2 Gingerbread back to Froyo

hustonryanj

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay. So I have exhausted my brain in the attempt to find resolve to my problem. I installed the leaked Gingerbread OS on my Droid 2 and I do not care for it. I am experiencing a few bugs that, at this point, are aggravating. I cannot find anywhere detailed instructions on how to rollback to Froyo on the DROID 2. There are a million and a half articles on how this works for the Droid X, but as you have read that is not my phone. I am rooted and would just like someone to point me in the right direction. I feel like a moron right now. I know how to use RSD Lite and all that jazz, I just need to know where I can find the full sbf for Froyo and a few instructions. Your help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you make a Nandroid backup before installing/flashing the 2.3 ROM? If so, then just restore the backup. If not, then just pick out any Froyo ROM and flash it. Be sure to wipe/factory reset before flashing to prevent a boot loop.

You can return to the Verizon Wireless factory firmware by following the instructions here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-2-rooting-roms-hacks/75388-how-sbf-back-stock.html

Read the thread carefully before doing something you'll regret.

Reactions: hustonryanj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674