Google Play Music randomly pausing

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
I've looked over several threads about this ongoing problem but found nothing definite. Why does GPM randomly pause songs? It happens when I'm using BT headphones or the BT car connection but doesn't seem to be a data issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Is this only with streaming music, or also with locally saved music? When it happens, are there nearby Bluetooth devices that might be competing for connection?

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
This happens even when I'm out running solo or driving along in uncongested areas. I don't think it's a connection issue since the music can be immediately resumed by hitting play. I'm using only streaming music on this device (Note 4) since memory is so limited.

Thanks for moving this to a better location and please note that I had posted another thread on that forum seeking help with GPM and LG's Music Flow Player.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So it only happens when connected via Bluetooth to headphones or your car, correct? I wonder if the phone is receiving false pause commands from those devices.

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Yes, although those are practically the only times I really use it, so it's hard to rule out anything. We do stream to the house speakers via wifi but it's impossible to draw any conclusions from that for various reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37